Wednesday, November 21, 2007

 Bicycle Basket training - 自転車のかごに乗る練習

Recently I bought a larger bicycle basket so that Daisy can ride with me on my bike. Before putting it on the bicycle, I have made a cover for it, mostly to protect Daisy from getting her toenails stuck in the holes of the basket, but I thought it would also make her like the basket more if it felt like a comfortable blanket or cushion she was sitting on.

So I found some fleece material and trimmed it with some Hawaiian print cotton fabric I had. I made the bottom a kind of pillow, filled with some foam and used some shoe strings in the edges to tie to the basket so it won't slide off.

Now I put Daisy in the basket a couple times a day so that she gets used to sitting in it. She is getting very cozy in it and even fell asleep yesterday. She seems to think it is another doggie bed perhaps and really likes sitting in it. I'm hoping when I put it on the bike, she will sit and stay in it well while we ride!
Inside bottom cushion of the basket cover (attached to cover).

Close up of the button hole opening for the tie to the basket.

Daisy comfortable and getting more relaxed in the basket.

Very cozy and nearly asleep, she fell asleep shortly after this!

No comments:

Post a Comment