Friday, October 16, 2009

Toyosu LaLaPort Dog Park - Tokyo

Daisy and our friends at the ILIO dog park at LaLaPort Toyosu, Tokyo

Despite the rough start to my day today, a good afternoon managed to come to fruition. Daisy and I met my friend and her two young sons at the dog park located at the LaLaPort Toyosu shopping mall. The dog park is run by the pet store there called ILIO. There are also grooming services available. There is easy parking for the 'dog friendly' elevator on the North End of the center, nearest the Tokyu Hands store.

Also dog friendly is a wonderful cafe called Les deux Bleue that allows dogs, inside the restaurant as well as the outside seating they have facing the nice view of the riverside/harbor. There is a complete menu for dogs as well as people! How fun is that!?

So we spent about an hour in the nice little fenced off dog park. Daisy LOVED having two little boys to play with and they seemed to really like playing with her too. She was so good with them. And the "mommies" got to chat while the kids and dogs wore themselves out...hee hee hee.

After that, we stepped over to the cafe, Les duex Bleue and since it was such wonderful weather today, we sat at a table outside. We ordered some ice cream for the boys and some cakes and tea/coffee for us ladies. Daisy ordered a doggie Banana muffin, which she thoroughly enjoyed! They even bring a little water bowl for the dogs. It was very relaxing, we had such a lovely view of the sightseeing boats that port there, coming in and out of dock and the sunshine gently sparkling on the river.

It was such a lovely clear and warm day today, about 75F, we couldn't have ordered better weather! It was a perfect thing to do after my doctor's appointment that I almost didn't make it to earlier!

Since I'd never been to this LaLaPort mall, after parting ways with my friends, I put Daisy in the car to rest and looked around the mall. Its a nice little mall with some familiar retailers from Japan and USA. I checked out the LL Bean store and a shop selling goods from Hawaii. Then I found a nice little accessories shop for ladies, and got some interesting sparkly stirrup style stockings! I think I will wear them when Ken takes me on our upcoming special dinner date!

Since I was still there when it was around the time for Ken to get off work, I called him and we decided to meet at Tsukiji Fish market for a fresh sushi dinner. It only was 10 minutes from where I was and about the same for him. We had a great Friday night out for sushi, and I enjoyed a nice ICE cold beer...haven't done that in a while, it was good....

Here are some pictures from today...wish you could have been there.

View of the dog park looking towards the mall, the red umbrellas are the outdoor seating for the dog friendly cafe. Nice and close!

Everybody having a fun time!

Daisy and the boys looking for where her toy went off to. The buildings in the background are the Harumi and Tsukiji areas.

Yummie Yummie FRESH sushi!

Another packed Friday dinner time in Tsukiji...this particular shop is open 24/7-365!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment