Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A Swedish Tablecloth 「スウェーデン製のテーブルクロス」



Today I put on my table a beautiful tablecloth that my dear friend Beata (who is from Sweden) just gave me (which she got on her recent trip back home, thank you B!). She made such a nice selection of colors, and it goes surprisingly well in the room.

It was alittle long in one direction for my antique table that is sized a bit strange, so I got out the sewing machine and made the adjustments. I ended up having some left over material and got this idea to put little 'caps' on the backs of the dining chairs. I have some velvet covers on the chairs already (the antique wood needs refinishing desperately). Velvet as some of you may know, can get matted down when it is touched often so these little covers will help protect the velvet nicely. I may make more of these with other fabrics and use them on the chairs even when they just cover the plain wood.

They are super easy to make and they add a nice accent don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment