Sunday, April 29, 2007

Springtime Swallows 「途中で見つけたツバメの巣」

The other day, my husband and I were out driving and we stopped at a rest area. As I entered the ladies room, I noticed beautiful bird singing and thought it was that recorded "nature" sound/music I hear some places lately (like the train station at Shin-Urayasu). Right away I noticed however the "caution" cone...some swallows had decided to nest in the ladies room. The workers there had taped off the area and placed the notice. It was pretty cute. Check out the nest above the cone up near the skylight.
One of the swallows was just sitting on top of the edge of one of the stalls singing out his heart the whole time I was in there. I have seen other areas taped off (in Japan) where the swallows are nesting, such as the entrance to the train station. These swallows were pretty smart if you ask me...nice safe place to build a nest, not to mention brave.

No comments:

Post a Comment