Thursday, May 3, 2007

A Lolo (crazy) Puppy 「ビーグルがやって来た!」

                    カメラ目線のデイジー

                     んっ? 虫?!

                  可哀想なウルトラマン.....

Well, we have gone and done it. Ken finally broke down and got me a puppy. You know that old saying, 'be careful what you ask for'? I have had bronchitis this past week (yes again, 3rd time in 5 months) and it's been tough with a new puppy in the house. Maybe we are the ones who are lolo (not the puppy).

She is actually very good for 12 weeks but she is just a puppy and full of energy. She is a "Lemon" colored Beagle, so far, no howling. I hear that is mostly when they are lonely, just incase anyone in addition to my mother wants to let me know they are famous for this. Mom sent us the cutest little puppy travel set already.

Her name is Daisy. First we thought of Ipo (Hawaiian for 'sweetheart') but she didn't seem to respond very well to that. I also thought of Lulu Aina because of her markings, or Makamae a Hawaiian favorite doggie name, but then after a few days she reminded me of a daisy's color (the flower). Also my mom reminded me that my great grandmother Eva Williams had a dog named Daisy. She responds right away when you say 'Daisy!'. The pronunciation in Japan should be ok too. So I think officially her name will be Daisy Ipo.


Enlarge the middle picture and look what pretty blonde eyelashes she has, they're so cute!