Thursday, July 12, 2007

Sushi-den in Toyota City, Nagoya area 「豊田市の美味しいお寿司屋さん」

While in Nagoya for the exhibition at Art Space Sou (see previous post), as always, I stayed at my friend Miki's home (beadmaker Miki). Miki's husband, Mr. Miyano is an artist too. He designs cars for Lexus. They are always great hosts(ess) and we all enjoy going out together in the evenings. They have taken me to some great restaurants in their neighborhood in Toyota City (the city that Toyota Motors built, adjacent to Nagoya).

Myself with Mr. and Mrs. Miyano
「お友達の宮野さんご夫婦とのスリーショット」

One of my favorite places they have taken me, is the sushi restaurant called Sushi-den. The owners there are great, and will try their hardest to make exactly what you like, even for a crazy foreigner like me. They always have some of the best quality fish! This time I was gorging myself on the ono Maguro they had! I also love to drink the sake with dried Fugu (blowfish) fins in it, which is lit on fire before you start to drink it. Mr. Miyano suggests some good drinks, being the connoisseur of adult beverages that he is!


So this time, when I said I wanted to take a picture, the owners of Sushi-den had me get behind the counter for a photo opp. Here are the pics...if you ever get to Toyota-shi, be sure to stop in and tell them the Miyano's friend Terri sent you! Be prepared for a delicious, fun, friendly and relaxing evening.....they really make you feel at home.

Sushi-den

9-8-15 Higashiumetubo
Toyota-shi
, Aichi-ken (prefecture)
phone: 0565 36 0806






No comments:

Post a Comment