Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Summer 2008 Nagoya Exhibition

Memory Wire Necklace with a handblown glass bead, Aquamarine and Ruby colored Garnets. Silver "Daisy" beads between the gemstones and dangle accents on the ends of the necklace.

This summer, as usual, I had an exhibition for my Princess T line of jewelry at Art Space Sou in Nagoya. It is so nice to go to Nagoya for the weekend and meet up with some of my loyal customers, enjoy the other exhibitor's creations in the gallery (especially Miki Miyano and Naomi Kazawa's lampworked beads) but mostly it's great to visit with my friend Miki and her husband in Toyota city. I had a lovely time this year! The time past by so quickly!

This year I kept my displays pretty simple. I also kept the jewelry designs a bit simple this year as well, focusing mostly on just a few design types, such as Lariat/Wrap style necklaces and adjustable necklaces on a knotted cotton or linen cord. I also enjoyed working with Memory Wire for necklaces and bracelets this year. People really liked the free sizing of the Memory Wire and the ease of putting on and taking off the jewelry made with it.

In the previous post, I introduced Sora-chan, the sweet kitten I got to play with while staying with my friend Miki, but here are some photos from my show and from some sights around Nagoya I hope you will enjoy. I am working on posting some videos as well soon so check back!

Display with mostly Memory Wire Necklaces and Bracelets

Display with many Lariat/Wrap style Necklaces

A fun adjustable chain necklace with Mother of Pearl ovals, beautifully clear Smoky Quartz nuggets, Tiger's Eye, one Fresh Water Pearl and a gorgeous piece of Gold and Black Rutillated Quartz for the pendant.

Some adjustable knotted cord necklaces in blues

A spiral shaped building in Downtown Nagoya. Each of the triangular glass/windows are a different size due to the shape of the building, not one is exactly the same!

A more distant view of the spiral building

The cleanest bus stop I've ever seen, though most everything is very clean in Japan. I don't think there was one fingerprint on the glass here! Can you imagine seeing such a clean bus stop in USA? Not in Los Angeles that is for sure!

This is a sort of mannequin used on the back of a road construction truck to warn drivers that they are approaching a construction area. You see these in Japan from time to time. He has a flashing yellow light on his shoulder and his right arm moves the flag in his hand up and down. From a distance, it looks like a real person sometimes, especially at night. It is a good idea actually since a live person standing on the road doing this job can be really putting themselves in danger.

2 comments:

  1. YOU ARE A TRUE ARTIST OF THE HIGHEST CALIBER! YOUR CREATIONS ARE EXQUISITE.

    AN ADMIRER IN THE USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've learned more about bullfrogs and frogs today than I have in my entire life. I also have an urge for green mashed potatoes now.
    T, I miss you loads. I always think of you on this day and I wish I could be in Japan with you right now.

    ReplyDelete